Keep things fuss and mess-free with this tasty low carb pasta.
2 large zucchini, spiralised
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp olive oil
450g premium beef or chicken mince
2 cups pasta sauce (mix canned tomatoes with garlic, dried herbs, lemon juice, and season to taste)
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
120g bag of baby spinach
400g can of black beans or red kidney beans
500g tub of lite cottage cheese
1 cup water (optional)
1 pinch each of salt, pepper to taste
Grated parmesan, fresh basil to serve
1. Spiralise zucchinis and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pot on low-medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add mince and cook until browned.
3. Add pasta sauce and balsamic vinegar, and baby spinach in batches. Cook a few minutes, until spinach is wilted. Add drained beans and cottage cheese, stir gently, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add zucchini noodles, cover, turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes. Add water for thinner conistency if desired.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with grated parmesan and fresh basil to serve