Do you ever crave garlic bread, but know it's not an ideal choice after weight loss surgery. Well here is a super low-carb and healthy alternative. A guilt free and totally delicious savoury bread.
Total Time : 1:10. Prep 0:20. Level: Easy. Yield: 1 Loaf
- 3 cups cauliflower, riced
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180° and line a 25-x-13cm loaf pan with baking paper. In a medium bowl, microwave cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and tender. Let cool. When cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to release as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt, egg yolks, melted butter, garlic and about a quarter of the whipped egg whites. Beat until well combined, then stir in microwaved cauliflower. Fold in the remaining egg whites and mix until just incorporated. (Mixture should be fluffy.) Fold in the thyme and most of the parsley (save some for topping).
- Transfer batter to the lined loaf pan and sprinkle with more herbs. Bake until the top is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Sprinkle slices with Parmesan and more parsley.