TOTAL TIME: 0:25
YIELD: 3-4 “SANDWICHES”
· 1 head cauliflower (to make about 4 cups processed cauliflower)
· 2 eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
· 1/2 tsp. oregano
· 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Process cauliflower florets in a food processor until the texture resembles rice. Alternatively, you can grate the cauliflower.
2. In a medium bowl, combine processed cauliflower, eggs, Parmesan and oregano. Mix until evenly combined then season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray then scoop the cauliflower mixture into a small patty on one side of the pan. Repeat to form a second patty on the other side. (These are your “bread” slices.) Press down on both pieces with a spatula and cook until golden underneath, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the other sides are golden, about 3 minutes more.
4. Top one cauliflower slice with cheese then place the other cauliflower slice on top. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes more per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.