PREP TIME : 20 min. TOTAL TIME : 60 min. YIELDS: 8-10
2 cups ricotta
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling on top
2 large eggs
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups Napoli or tomato based sauce (low sugar)
3 large zucchini, cut into strips using a peeler and drained on paper towels
3 cups mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a small bowl, make ricotta mixture: Stir together ricotta, Parmesan and eggs and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spread a thin layer of sauce in a baking dish and layer with two layers of zucchini noodles, ricotta mixture and mozzarella.
3. For the final layer, make a zucchini lattice. Layer zucchini noodles side by side at a diagonal in the baking dish. Lift the bottom half of every other noodle and lay another zucchini noodle across diagonally. Repeat until top layer is full.
4. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until totally melty, and zucchini is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.