“I can resist everything but temptation”
Learning to resist temptation, especially when socialising, is actually a process of intention.
What is important to you? What do you want to achieve? What might get in the way of your intentions and goals?
Here are 5-steps to beat temptation this time around
1. Define The Situation
• Social setting with family and friends
• Going out to eat
• Dealing with a stressful day
• Big event
Hint: Go through your calendar at the start of the week and look for possible 'danger zones'.
2. Write Down Your Desired Outcome/Goal (Your Intention)
• I want to eat whole or nourishing foods and not processed or carbohydrate foods
3. Write Down The Thoughts That Will Help You Succeed With Your Intention
• I have invested in myself and my wellbeing and choose to follow the program I have been given
• Whole natural foods – Learn to associate positive thoughts with these foods (such as these are the foods that my body was designed to eat, have little impact on my blood sugar, and they create my healthy body).
4. Write Down The Behaviours That Will Help You Be Successful
• If eating out –determine what foods you will order before leaving the house
• Can you eat at home before going to the event?
• If it is a social setting, make sure to prepare and bring your own food
5. Analyse Your Results
• The next time you face this situation, ask yourself ‘were you successful?’
• If so, why? If not, why not?
• What changes, if any, do you need to make as a result?
Remember, it is NOT the food that makes the event special, but the event that makes the food special!