(4 standard serves)
Enjoy as a side with your protein of choice, or add roast/smoked chicken or lean diced bacon before baking, to make a complete meal. Serve with greens.
1 medium cauliflower, cut into large florets
1 medium carrot, roughly grated
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup Edam/Noble cheese, grated
3 spring onions, chopped
½ cup toasted nuts (chopped almonds, cashews or pinenuts would work well)
1 sprinkle fresh thyme
1 sprinkle fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 180 degC. Lightly grease a 20 cm baking dish.
2. Steam or boil the cauliflower until soft. Drain and coarsley mash.
3. Add the carrot, sour cream and half each of the cheese and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place in the baking dish and top with the remaining cheese, spring onions and toasted nuts.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot.
6. Sprinkle with thyme and parsley before serving.