Enjoyed immensely at our recent workshop, this cauli-rice is versatile and easy to amend to your favourite flavours and proteins.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 spring onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. coconut essence
- A dash of rock salt
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. curry powder/ground cumin – optional
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
(optional to add any greens of your choice)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large pan and fry the leeks and garlic.
- Place the cauliflower in food processor or grate with cheese grater and blend until “rice like,” then add the rice to the heated pan of garlic and leeks.
- Add rock salt, chilli powder and the extra 1 Tbsp. of oil and 1 tsp of coconut essence.
- Add the spring onion and peas, and then create a space in the middle.
- Crack an egg in the middle of the rice and fry the rice and veggies with the egg. Add the tamari and cook.
- Cook until the cauliflower is golden.
- Add cashews to serve.